Jul 26, 2011

Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups

I recently became a member of Pinterest...oh my gosh...I'm addicted, thanks to 
{Ms. Cameron Clay}! There are so many awesome recipes and crafts that I want to try!

I decided to start with some easy Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups from Home Is Where The Holmans Are.
Justin loved these! He was sneaking spoon fulls of the spread from the bowl before I could even get it on the tortillas! This recipe is awesome for appetizers or even a meal. They can be prepared in advance which means no hostess in the kitchen, yay!

Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups

What you will need:
.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes, drained
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar or monterrey jack cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
6-8 large flour tortillas

1. Season the chicken breasts with salt, half of the cumin, and 1 tsp of the chili powder. Add chicken to a skillet and add about 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on med-high heat until cooked through. Add more water if necessary. Once the chicken is cooked, cool slightly and shred with 2 forks.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, drained tomatoes, cheese, remaining spices, garlic, cilantro and scallions. Add cooled chicken and stir together. 
3. Lay out tortillas and spread into a thin layer leaving the edges clean. Roll each tortilla tightly. (Do not fold in the ends like you would with a burrito but leave them free) Wrap each roll in cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1" thick slices and transfer to a serving platter. (The end pieces will likely unroll a little so just eat the extras). Refrigerate and left over rolls or spread.

I made four rolls with the spread and had plenty left over which could be used as a spread for burritos or used to top and salad!

Happy cooking ya'll!



3 comments :

  1. Hi Audra,
    I linked over from Under the Table and Dreaming. Your recipe looked so good! We are big chicken eaters and this is right up our alley. I (my Husband) will give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a blessed week!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  3. s for sharing the article, and more importantly, your personal experience mindfully using our emotions as data about our inner state and knowing when it’s better to de-escalate by taking a time out are great tools. Appreciate you reading and sharing your story since I can certainly relate and I think others can to

    mxplayer.pro/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me {Happy!}